You can purchase and download this new display pack by clicking on the ‘Add to Cart’ button below and paying by PayPal or pay by credit card.
Once your payment has taken place, you will be sent an email containing your PDF download link.
This pack consists of 15 x A4 size posters. Your download will be in PDF format for you to print easily.
- Cover page
- What was the Stone Age?
- The First Britons
- The Ice Age
- Skara Brae
- The New Stone Age
- The Beaker People
- The Bronze Age
- Bronze Age Religion
- The Iron Age
- Iron Age Art and Culture
- British Tribes
- Iron Age Hill Forts
Key Stage 2
Pupils should continue to develop a chronologically secure knowledge and understanding of British, local and world history, establishing clear narratives within and across the periods they study. They should note connections, contrasts and trends over time and develop the appropriate use of historical terms. They should regularly address and sometimes devise historically valid questions about change, cause, similarity and difference, and significance. They should construct informed responses that involve
thoughtful selection and organisation of relevant historical information. They should understand how our knowledge of the past is constructed from a range of sources.
In planning to ensure the progression described above through teaching the British, local and world history outlined below, teachers should combine overview and depth studies to help pupils understand both the long arc of development and the complexity of specific aspects of the content.
Pupils should be taught about: changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age
This could include:
- Late Neolithic hunter-gatherers and early farmers, for example, Skara Brae
- Bronze Age religion, technology and travel, for example, Stonehenge
- Iron Age hill forts: tribal kingdoms, farming, art and culture
- Stone Age to Iron Age resources from the Historical Association
- Stone Age to Iron Age – display pack
- Skara Brae research booklet
- Stone Age to Iron Age-BBC Video -Hands on History
- What is Skara Brae- Teacher’s guide from the Guardian Network
- Stone Age to Iron Age- Timeline
- Stone Age to Iron Age MTP TES